So before you get into using Instagram Direct and Photo Maps and other Instagram features, here’s the first post in the beginner’s guide to using Instagram.
This first post in the series is how to set up an account on Instagram, walking you through the steps of getting the app and setting up your account so you can begin sharing photos and more.
How To Set Up An Account On Instagram:
1. Instagram is an app. To begin with Instagram, you’ll need to download the app. On your iPhone, access the App Store.
2. Using search, type Instagram to find the app. Download the app. It’s free.
3. After the app is done downloading, open it. For this example, we’ll be registering with email.
4. After tapping on Register with Email, you’ll be prompted to create a username, create a password and enter your email address. Once you’ve completed filling in all necessary information, tap on the arrow on the upper right hand corner to continue.
5. Next, you can add your Full name and Phone number just so your friends can find you easily on Instagram. Note that this is optional. You can continue by tapping on the arrow on the right hand corner of the screen.
6. On the next page, you’ll be asked to Find Facebook friends to follow and or Find contacts to follow. You can do this now to find if your contacts on your phone or your Facebook friends are using Instagram.
Note, you can always do this later once your account is set up. Tap on skip to do this option later.
7. This is the screen that will appear if you’ve selected skip in the previous screen. Tap on the farthest icon to the right on the bottom right hand corner. This is where you will access your Instagram profile.
8. This is how your new Instagram account profile looks like. Tap on Edit Your Profile so we can begin adding some necessary information to your profile page.
9. One of the most important things that you need is a profile picture. Tap on Edit under the blue circle with the head to upload a profile picture.
You have several options to either take a photo, choose one that you already have in your phone by selecting Choose from Library, or use the same profile picture that you have on Facebook or Twitter.
10. After uploading your profile picture, other important information to have on your profile page includes your website and bio. Fill in the information accordingly.
And that’s how to set up an account on Instagram! Follow me on Instagram at: http://instagram.com/bethanylooi