Instagram now has a feature to enable you to receive a notification when someone posts a photo to their profile.
Why should you turn on notifications?
1. Keep up with favorites
It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts brand. They have exceptional photos on their Instagram account in addition to always keeping their followers informed with announcements of new hotels being built or special offers through their photos.
Being a fan, I don’t want to miss any of them.
You may be following Instagram accounts that post daily photos. If you’re not checking your feed at the time they post it, you may miss the photo as it’ll be drowned out by more recent photos on your feed.
Avoid this by turning on the notifications.
3. Don’t waste time
Like all Instagram fans, checking your feed is a just a thing you do when you have a minute. It can be time consuming if you constantly open the app.
With notifications, it saves time because you’ll only open the app when you get a notification from an account you really want to see.
Before getting into the steps on how to receive a notification when someone posts on Instagram…
What’s a notification?
Notifications are messages from different apps on your phone, letting you know that for example, you’ve received a message or there’s an update.
With that out of the way…
How To Receive A Notification When Someone Posts on Instagram
Note: These steps are for the iPhone.
1. Open the Instagram app and select the Search tab (second to left).
2. Search for the account you want to receive a notification for. You can also find the account by going through your following list. (Note: You must be following the account)
3. Select the account and on the upper right hand corner, you’ll see three dots in a row. Tap on it.
4. A few options will appear including the last one and the one you’re looking for- “Turn on Post Notifications”.
5. Once you tap on “Turn on Post Notifications”, you’re done! When the account posts a photo, you can now receive a notification similar to when someone likes your photo.
You can also turn off notifications in the same way you turned on the notifications.
Enjoy keeping up with your favorites, getting updates and not wasting time with this Instagram feature!
You can also follow me on Instagram at https://instagram.com/bethanylooi/ 🙂