After you’ve set up your Instagram account, it’s time to post your first picture. There are two ways you can post a picture so here’s your guide on how to post a picture on Instagram.
One way you can post a picture is right after you’ve taken the photo through the Instagram app.
1. First, with the Instagram app open, you’ll need to tap on the camera icon, the blue icon in the middle at the bottom of your screen.
2. Take a picture using the big blue circle.
3. After you’ve taken the picture, it’s time to pick one of Instagram’s 19 filters. Each filter is used to edit or enhance your photo. For example, try Valencia and this picture brightens up a little.
4. Or use Lo-Fi and it’ll enhance some of the colors. Whichever filter you choose, your photo will look different and most of the time, better.
5. You don’t have to put a filter if you don’t want to. Just select Normal. If your photo is a little dark but you don’t want to use a filter, you can tap on the icon of a sun on the right hand side. This will just brighten up your photo.
6. Tap on Next on the upper right hand corner. You’ll now have to write a caption. Add a description to describe the photo. You can also add this picture to your photo map. Tap on Share after you’ve filled in all necessary information. You’ve just shared your first Instagram photo!
The second way to post a picture is by uploading a picture you’ve already taken.
1. Similar to the first way to post a picture on Instagram, tap on the camera icon, the blue icon in the middle at the bottom of your screen.
2. Instead of tapping the big blue button, tap on the box to the left of the blue button.
3. This will take you to see the photos that you have previously taken and are stored on your phone.
4. Select one of the photos that you want to upload to Instagram. After selecting a photo, it’s time to pick a filter.
5. When you’re done making all necessary edits, tap on Next on the upper right hand corner of your screen and you’ll be taken to the screen where you have to write a caption. Fill in the information, tap share and you’re done!
And that’s how to post a picture on Instagram! Follow me on Instagram at: http://instagram.com/bethanylooi